May 23, 2004 Photo Gallery

May 23 we decided to head to Keszthely (pronounced Kes Tay) to go to the local castle. The castle is called Festetics Castle. It is also called the Helikon Castle Museum. It was in the Festetics family until 1944 when the Soviets took over. It had been in the family for over 600 years. It is an amazing mansion with large grounds. The house had some amazing rooms and furnishings. There was a lot of intricate inlay work on furniture and the floor. It took us some work to find this castle, the center piece of the city. We got lost once again and drove around. We finally stopped for lunch were we had our first Hungarian meal in a restaurant and figured out our directions.